1. Booking Conditions 1.1. It is understood that all students must read and agree to the following terms and conditions before being accepted on mindful chimp courses and workshops. 1.2. Our courses and workshops do not offer a Diploma or any form of qualification for the purpose of meeting any requirements of their employer that they would wish to work for. 1.3. All students must read and understand any special notes and restrictions that apply to all our courses. Any student who books on a course or workshop must state that they do not have any medical of mental issues that may interfere with the training or that if there are, that these have been discussed with Mindful Chimp (and the client’s health professional if required) and it has been agreed that they do not constitute a barrier to training. In the event of any condition that presents a barrier to training it may still be possible to proceed with training on a one-to-one basis, but not in a group class. This matter can only be decided upon consultation and agreement with a representative of Mindful Chimp in advance of any course and in conjunction with a medical professional. 2. Course fees 2.1. All course and workshop fees are payable via cheque or Bacs payment in one instalment. Cheques should be paid payable to Simon Fry and Bacs details are available upon request. 2.2. All courses booked must be paid in full no later than two weeks prior to the course date(s), unless otherwise agreed. 3. Cancellation (or rescheduling) of a training course by the student 3.1. We are unable to offer refunds if you want to cancel your course or workshop. 3.2. Not showing up on the training day (for any reason) is subject to a 100% cancellation fee. 3.3. Rescheduling with 2 weeks notice (or more) prior to the course date is subject to a £10 admin fee. Alternative dates at the same venue and/or alternative venues will be offered to the student. 3.4. Rescheduling with less than 2 weeks notice (prior to the course date) is subject to a 100% cancellation fee. In this situation, courses may not be rescheduled. 4. Cancellation (or rescheduling) of a training course by Mindful Chimp 4.1. From time to time, there may not be sufficient numbers of students to allow a training day to proceed. If this is the case, the following conditions will apply:
1. Notice will be given (via e-mail, phone and text) at least 7 days before the training date.
2. Students will be given the opportunity to complete their course on a one-to-one basis if this is a practical option for their course or workshop. If this is the preferred option there may be an additional fee to pay for a personal coaching course.
3. Mindful Chimp reserves the right to alter course dates and venues without liability.
4. In the unlikely event of a course being cancelled, Mindful Chimp will not be liable for any expenses incurred by the participant associated with joining that course.
5. Mindful Chimp will not normally reimburse travel or accommodation expenses. Mindful Chimp is not able to offer refunds for cancellations outside our control, including but not exhaustively any act of God, riot, war, adverse weather conditions, flooding or industrial action.
5. Guarantees 5.1. Mindful Chimp guarantees to respond to all enquiries in a timely manner. 6.1. Complaints Procedure By phone: 0780 7817343 By e-mail: Simon@MindfulChimp.com By letter: Mindful Chimp 14 Eddisbury Road Whitby Cheshire CH662JT
7. Health and Safety 7.1. In the interests of health and safety for all students the following conditions apply to all training courses and workshops: Mindful Chimp courses are open meditation practice courses for the purpose of practicing mindfulness meditation related to stress reduction. The courses and practices do not provide counselling or medical treatment and if you are, or believe you may be, suffering any physical or mental condition, please seek advice from you doctor prior to booking a course or workshop. 7.2. By enrolling students agree to be in a fit state to receive a normal range of facilitated meditation practices, without any exceptions for physical and mental infirmity, incapacity or hyper-sensitivity to such meditation practices. 7.3. Mindful Chimp offers training to both genders and all ages from 16 years old (no upper limit). If any student is unwilling to attend a group with another student based upon gender, age or religion then they MUST request one-to-one personal coaching, or apply for group training in conjunction with other like-minded individuals. 7.4. Mindful Chimp reserves the right to ask a student to leave the course (without recompense) if their behaviour is not conducive to a team environment. If you have questions please contact Simon on: 0780 7817343. We will be pleased to offer advice. 8. On the day of training 8.1. It is the responsibility of each student to make sure that they know the route to the training venue and that they arrive in good time. Map and directions to all of our venues are available at our website. Access is granted at all venues 30 minutes before the start of training. Students should try to arrive at the venue with at least 15 minutes to spare before the course begins. 9. Late arrival 9.1. If due to unforeseen circumstances you find that you may be arriving late for a course then you should contact Simon on 07807817343 IMMEDIATELY. You must make contact before the start time for the course. If you arrive any later than 60 minutes after the start time then you will not be able to participate with the course or workshop and a refund cannot be offered. If you are not able to participate on the day then the individual circumstances will be considered and you may be offered the opportunity to choose an alternative date for training. In this case it is likely that at least a part payment will be required. This is entirely at the discretion of Mindful Chimp. 10. Permissible use of training and training materials 10.1. Mindful Chimp offers training courses and workshops to students to provide them with the skills for living a mindful life and have the tools to manage stress. Our courses are not intended to permit students to deliver training themselves, therefore any and all course materials are intended only for reference purposes when during the course and for practicing in private after the course. Unauthorised copying, distribution or other use of training materials will be seen as a serious breach of copyright.